Today’s product review highlights a simple, functional, and stylish wine refrigerator for commercial, home, and entertaining use.
We will be reviewing the EdgeStar CWR302SZ 15 Inch Wide 30 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler which is a single zone cooler for under the counter and kitchen island placement, we also have our full range of recommended under-the-counter wine coolers here (full buyers guide).
However, back to the CWR302SZ!
We will be looking into the technical specs of the EdgeStar CWR302SZ as well as the overall design, build quality, and value-added features. We will also share some reviews, pros, cons, and our recommendation about it.
Read on to find out if EdgeStar’s CWR302SZ is the wine cooler you should be purchasing.
- Height – 32 inches
- Width – 15 inches
- Depth – 25.25 inches with handles
- Weight – 83 pounds (37.6 kg)
Capacity and Design:
The EdgeStar CWR302SZ is designed to accommodate up to 30 standard Bordeaux bottles. If you have a wine collection that includes merlot, cabernet sauvignon, zinfandel, and red blend wines, these wines should come in 2.75” Bordeaux bottles. To make the most out of this wine fridge, only use it to store standard 750 mL bottles.
Your wine collection will be enclosed in the stainless steel-built wine cooler. The front panel features a tinted glass door with black dots for UV protection. This ensures a clear view of your wines while making sure your wines won’t be affected by sunlight coming in from the windows. The EdgeStar CWR302SZ also features a reversible door to provide more flexibility when installing the built-in wine fridge in your kitchen. You can either opt to have the door open from the left or right side.
In clear view through the glass door, you will notice the Edgestar logo and the LED temperature display and controls on the topmost panel. There are 7 shelves in total to accommodate your wines. The wire wine racks are wood-trimmed for an elegant appeal.
Now we will look into the cooling performance and value-added features that make the EdgeStar CWR302SZ worth buying:
- Single Zone Operation– This wine fridge is designed to store wines with the same storage temperature needs. The temperature settings range from 40 to 65 °F. The temperature is set via a digital control panel which includes the power button, up and down buttons to change the temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius, as well as the brightness.
- Soft Blue LED light– This soft light highlights your wine collection without exposing the top-shelf wines to any heat source. The light is also great for spotting your wine fridge even in the dark.
- UV protection– With this feature, you don’t have to worry about harsh light or UV rays from damaging your wine collection. The black dots on the glass door are designed to protect your wines while allowing you to have full view of your wines, whilst remaining stylish.
- Fans for even cooling and ventilation– The wine refrigerator has built-in fans for ventilation that allows the unit to be built into under counters surrounded by cabinetry. It also has internal fans that evenly distribute cool air to avoid hot spots.
- Built-in or Freestanding– This wine cooler is stylish enough to stand on its own in your bar, dining area, or kitchen. With proper air ventilation throughout, you can also have it built into your islands and counters. You will need to dedicate approximately an inch in height, weight, and depth to accommodate the wine cooler.
- Slim Design– If you have limited space for a built-in appliance, then you will be delighted to know that this wine fridge is narrow. It can easily fit in the space meant for a trash compactor or other narrow under the counter spaces.
- Safety Lock– The door has an integrated lock to keep your kids and guests from opening your wine fridge without your permission. This also ensures that you have sole access to temperature maintenance for your wine refrigerator.
- Door Ajar Alarm– The unit has an alarm that sounds when the door has been open for a prolonged period of time, making sure that you’re notified before your wine starts to heat up.
- Carbon Filter– This feature eliminates odors in your wine cooler which can happen with prolonged storage of wines.
The EdgeStar CWR302SZ 30 Bottle Wine Cooler comes with a one-year replacement warranty on parts as well as a one-year warranty on labor. This is a value-added feature that will be handy when you will need repairs or replacements done on your wine fridge.
Satisfied customers noted the aesthetic appeal of this wine cooler as one of the reasons why they purchased the product. The overall build quality also compliments the design of the EdgeStar CWR302SZ. Customers also noted that the wine cooler is easy to install as it has a narrow build and has a reversible door.
- Wide temperature range
- Glass door with UV dots and door lock
- Digital controls with LED display and options for Celsius or Fahrenheit temp management
- Slim, narrow design that fits under counters
- Freestanding capable
- Odor control
- Proper ventilation and air circulation
- Energy-efficient, running at 120 watts
- Slide-out shelving
- Not outdoor approved
- Not for commercial use
- Non-adjustable shelves
The EdgeStar CWR302SZ features reliable build quality and a sustainable internal temperature. The wine cooler also has a security lock to keep your wines safe from children playing with the settings and protective measures such as UV protection, ventilation, and proper air distribution to ensure your wines are kept at optimal temperatures. Temperature management is also easy as the LED screen displays an accurate temperature level and the controls are easy to use.
This wine refrigerator is best for at-home use as it is a narrow wine fridge with dimensions that make it easy to install in your kitchen. It is also well-ventilated so you have peace of mind about fitting it under the counter alongside wood cabinetry. Its design is also contemporary making it go perfectly with industrial or modern kitchen designs.
If you have a limited selection of wines, (i.e you’re only looking to store one type of wine at one time, reds, rose or whites) that you want to highlight for when entertaining guests or simply enjoying a wine collection at arm’s reach, then the EdgeStar CWR302SZ 15-inch, 30-Bottle Wine Cooler is worth the purchase.
A substantial warranty on labor and parts also ensures that EdgeStar backs up this wine refrigerator, meaning that you can rest assured that the company is there for you.
However, if you’re looking for more wine coolers from EdgeStar, take a look at our 9 best edgeStar wine coolers buyers guide.