A large wine cooler can last for a very long time if taken care of. But how long exactly should they last?
Let’s find out how long these coolers last in this article.
Research the Average Life Span of a Large Wine Cooler
Large wine coolers can last anywhere from 6 to 10 years, depending on the model and the level of care given.
This is just an average unit, and therefore it goes without saying that there will be units that last for a lot less time and those that last a lot longer.
Nonetheless, it is important to keep your wine cooler clean (particularly the filter) and free of dust and debris, as this can shorten its life dramatically.
Large wine refrigerators cost quite a substantial amount of money, therefore it’s crucial to look after them.
Look at What Factors Affect the Lifespan of a Large Wine Cooler
Large wine coolers usually have a lifespan of around six to ten years.
However, the lifespan of a large wine cooler is greatly affected by the factors below:
1. Frequency of use: The more times the large wine cooler is used, the shorter its lifespan will be. This is because the machine will start to wear down faster due to the constant movement and contact with cold temperatures.
2. Age: A large wine cooler that is relatively new will have a longer lifespan than an older one. However, even an older large wine cooler can last for several years if it is taken care of properly and used sparingly.
3. Maintenance: Keep the large wine cooler clean and free of dust, debris, and other contaminants. This will help to extend its lifespan.
4. Storage conditions: The colder the storage conditions are, the longer the lifespan of a large wine cooler will be, because the unit won’t have to work as hard at cooling the incoming air.
5. Brand & Model: Each wine fridge is created differently, using different components and varying quality. Therefore, this will greatly affect the lifespan of the unit.
How To Make A Large Wine Cooler Last Longer
There are a few ways to make your large wine cooler last longer. One way is to keep the wine inside the cooler at a lower temperature, which will extend the life of the cooler.
Another way is to ensure that the unit is positioned in an open, well-ventilated space so it’s not struggling to inhale enough air.
Finally, make sure you clean and sanitize your large wine cooler regularly to keep it in top condition.
A large wine cooler can last for a very long time if taken care of.
Keep the wine inside the cooler at a lower temperature, make sure that the fridge’s vents are in an open area so they can intake fresh air, and clean and sanitize it regularly to extend its lifespan.
For those looking at where to buy a large wine fridge, take a read here.
We hope that you’ve found this article useful, thanks for reading!